- Lay-out of the company gardens in Cape Town.
- From 1652 onwards, the VOC compelled its ships to stop at the Cape of Good Hope to take on refreshments. The company established a garden where vegetables were grown to supply the ships.
- Nowadays the old company gardens are a public park in Cape Town.
- The plate is taken from: 'Oud en Nieuw Oost-Indien' by Francois Valentyn.
- Top left: <No: 45>.
- The plate features a numbered key with explanatory notes.