Aijcotta was situated on the mouth of the Periyar River close to Paliporto. The village lay on the coast north of the island of Vypeen. The mouth of the river had been reinforced against enemy attack. There was a small stone guardhouse, which served to help combat pepper smuggling. Aijcotta was one of many military outposts maintained by the VOC along the Malabar Coast. Today the village goes by the name of Azhikkode.
- anoniem/anonymous, Landmonsterrollen (1691-1790)