Broothsia, now known as Bharuch, was almost exclusively geared to the manufacture of cotton in the 17th century. The town was famous in particular for its finely woven white fabric, called 'Bafta Brootscha'. Trade was mostly in the hands of Hindus who sold successfully to the English, Portuguese and merchants from the Arab world. The VOC regularly operated a trading post in Bharuch, which came under the jurisdiction of Surat.
- anoniem/anonymous, LandmonsterrollenLandmonsterrollen1691-1790 (, ),