The town of Goiana is situated near the border of Pernambuco with Paraíba. At the time of the Dutch invasion t was one of the sugar-producing areas. It was occupied by WIC troops on 12 January 1635. The WIC had a fortified camp half an hour from Goiana near the river Capivaribi (Laet 1937: 134-135). De Laet mentions that a Dutch fortification called Capiveribi near Goiana was attacked by Camarão in March 1636. Help arrived on 16 March, but the Portuguese had already withdrawn. No further references to this fortification have been found. Further research will be necessary (Laet 1937: 235-236).
- Laet, Johannes de, Iaerlyck verhael van de Verrichtinghen der Geoctroyeerde West-Indische Compagnie in der-thien Boecken. Deel 4. 134-135, 235-236