The post Indramayu, a collection point and loading station for rice and wood bound for Batavia, was guarded by a redoubt from 1681 onwards. This redoubt was classified in 1853 as 4th class permanent defensive structure (against a native enemy). In 1863, the military unit and its artillery pieces were removed, and civilian government took care of the post, to be reused in case local war arise. In 1865, the redoubt was definitely removed from the list of permanent defensive structures. Today there is only a small part of a wall left.
- Knaap, Gerrit, Grote Atlas van de Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie II, Java en Madura = Comprehensive Atlas of the United East India Company, II, Java and MaduraGrote Atlas van de Verenigde Oost-Indische Compagnie II, Java en Madura = Comprehensive Atlas of the United East India Company, II, Java and MaduraBookVoorburgAsia Maior/Atlas Maior2007 (, ), 343
- Pusat Dokumentasi Arsitektur, Inventory and identification of forts in IndonesiaInventory and identification of forts in IndonesiaBookJakartaPusat Dokumentasi Arsitektur2010 (, ), 103