Lampong Samanca lay on the southern tip of Sumatra in the Bay of Samanca. It was situated in the Lampon district and fell under the aegis of the sultanate of Bantam. Lampong produced the pepper on which the VOC held a monopoly. The Company maintained a station here that was disbanded in 1795. The small fort at Samanca had two bastions and was surrounded by a moat. Between 15 and 20 troops were stationed here.
- anoniem/anonymous, Landmonsterrollen (1691-1790)