Narasapur was situated in the southern Godavari delta on the Coromandel Coast. The textile produced in this area was named 'madop' of 'madapollam' after the nearby village of Madapallam where the British maintained a lodge. The area also produced 'taffechelas', a type of low-quality cloth. In 1675 the VOC received a tract of land from the local ruler as a gift. Here the company built a small lodge, a carpenter's yard and a smithy for producing nails. No traces of the fort remain as it was swept away by the Golconda River.
- Dam, Pieter van, Beschryvinge van de Oostindische Compagnie (uitgegeven door Dr. F.W. Stapel) ((Den Haag), 1701 (1927))