Ihamahu was a strong and well-defended hilltop town with a Muslim population, which could regard the Dutch East India Company with a measure of indifference in the first decades of Dutch presence in the area, even though it was nominally situated in a Dutch-controlled area. As such, it became a center of anti-Dutch resistance in several of the conflicts in the first half of the 17th century, until, in the wake of the Great Ambon War, it was evacuated and demolished. Beneath the hill on which Ihamahu had been situated, was the village of Nollot, which was known for its metal industry. Throughout the 18th century the outpost was never manned by more than a single soldier.
|region||Saparua / Honimoa Island|
- anoniem/anonymous, Landmonsterrollen (1691-1790)