St. Andries lay on the Malabar Coast, just under Manicorde. One of the VOC's many guardposts along the Malabar Coast was stationed here. The majority of such posts were in order to safeguard the pepper trade. Local traders attempted to transport their pepper via the inland waterways to the coast, where it generated more income. Thanks to its monopoly, the VOC was able to pay less.
- anoniem/anonymous, Landmonsterrollen (1691-1790)