Thiruppapuliyur lay 70 miles north of Nagapatnam, not far from Tegenapatam. The Dutch established a presence here as early as 1608. The trading post collected indigo, 'Guinees kantoen' and other products, such as saltpetre. The trade here served as a catalyst for the inter-Asian dealings of the VOC.
- Dam, Pieter van, Beschryvinge van de Oostindische Compagnie (uitgegeven door Dr. F.W. Stapel) ((Den Haag), 1701 (1927))