This post on the False Bay coast between Muijsenberg and Simon's Bay was a centre of the fishing industry. Here fish was caught, salted and dried as supplies for the vessels en route to the east. The post had a fish-house and a gardener's hut that also functioned as a storage depot for vegetables. The post was manned by sailors and a quartermaster. When the Gentlemen Seventeen ordered around 1790 that the system of Company stations around the Cape be rationalised, the post at Vishoek was abandoned. All its tasks were subsequently carried out by the post at Simon's Bay, which lay further south and was more favourably situated to serve passing ships.
- anoniem/anonymous, Landmonsterrollen (1691-1790)