This small stone redoubt was built in 1624 control the population of slaves on the nutmeg plantations and to prevent pirate raids. As such it was part of a larger chain of small fortifications with similar roles. The redoubt was composed of a square with coral-stone walls, a meter in width and two to three meters high. This square was filled up with earth and contained a small vaulted gunpowder storage. The small tower was covered with a peaked roof and surrounded by a dry moat. Presently only the southeast corner of the walls remain.