The nutmeg plantations named Waijer on the eastern coast of the island of Lonthoroot were guarded by a fort of the same name, Wayer, also sometimes called Concordia. The land muster-rolls for the year 1691 also refer to the fort by the name of Orangie. The fort with its triangular base was built in 1639. Over the years it was severely weakened by a series of earthquakes. For this reason it was demolished in 1732, soon to be replaced with a new fort on a square base. Situated close by was a warehouse for the storage of nutmeg