Little is known about the fort Hectoria at the village of Oma. The redoubtwas located at the coastal area surrounded by nutmeg and clove plantations. Initially in 1627 it was a wooden fort guarded by ten soldiers and one sergeant. From April till July 1636 the small stronghold was besieged by rebels under the command of Leliato. In 1644 it was heavily damaged by an earthquake. Because the position of the fort was hard to defend, with mountains surrounding it, and lack of fresh water, in 1656 the fort was demolished, in favour of a new fort at Haruku. Today only the stone foundation remain on top of which recently a house has been built.